Last Modified: May 3, 2018
Depending on the purpose for which you are providing your personal data, for the purpose of the Data Protection Act (the ‘Act’), the data controller (or entity responsible for the data collected) will be us. Within the context of this policy ‘we’ means Growing Edge Limited.
Data we may collect from you
We will apply and comply with the laws and principles of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap 486) of the Laws of Hong Kong in collecting, holding, processing and using your personal data.
We collect information from you when you register on our site or fill out a form. When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name or e-mail address. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
Information acquired/provided through our Website
- This includes information provided when subscribing to our services, personalising your subscription with your preferences, participating in other social media functions, or requesting further services.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. If you send us personal information which identifies you via email, we may keep your email and email address. We may also collect information that is available from your browser.
- We may ask you to complete optional surveys for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Websites and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to the Websites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
- We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
How we use your data
We use personal information held about you in the following ways:
- To update and enhance our records
- To personalize your experience (to compile information relating to your use of our products and services and make recommendations about goods and services and other areas that may interest you; we may analyse your data to create a profile of your interests and preferences so that we can contact you in the most appropriate way and with the most relevant information)
- To improve our Website (to ensure the content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer; we continuously strive to improve our website offerings based on the feedback we receive from you)
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To process transactions (to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us)
- To send periodic emails
- To provide you with information about Growing Edge services which may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail) with information about services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey, research studies and/or market research activity, or any other site feature
Disclosure of your data
The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
If any anytime you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service you have requested.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties without obtaining further consent from you including:
- To our business partners, suppliers and subcontractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you
- Where we outsource any of our business functions under which we collect or store your data, in which case we will ensure that any such service provider adheres to at least the same obligations of security with regard to your data as undertaken by us
- Where we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Website Terms & Conditions and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety of our employees, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We will never sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information for marketing.
Where we store your data
Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we wish to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes and request your consent to these activities.
If you wish to change your mailing preferences or opt-out of specific marketing communications sent from Growing Edge Limited, you may notify us via our Contact us form. Alternatively you may contact us on +852 3996 8297. It may take up to 21 days for the changes to come into effect. Please note that this will not alter your current email subscription preferences.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee (as amended from time to time) to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
If you would like to request a copy of your personal data under the Act or have any other related queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will take reasonable steps to create an accurate record of any personal data you have submitted. However, we do not assume responsibility for confirming the ongoing accuracy of your personal data. You can update your personal data by emailing us at email@example.com or by calling us on +852 3996 8297. Please note that it will take up to 21 days for the changes to come into effect.
Cookies and web beacons
Cookies are files sent by web servers to web browsers, and stored by the web browsers.
The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables a web server to identify and track web browsers.
There are two main kinds of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are deleted from your computer when you close your browser, whereas persistent cookies remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach their expiry date.
About web beacons
We may use web beacons (also known as clear GIFs) to access cookies and count users who visit our Sites or open our HTML-formatted email messages. Web beacons are single-pixel graphic files with a unique identifier, similar to cookies. Web beacons are embedded invisibly on web pages and emails and are stored on a user’s hard drive. You can modify your browser settings to control web beacons.
Cookies on our website
Growing Edge Limited uses the following cookies on this website, for the following purposes:
- Google Analytics
Growing Edge Limited has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, limitations of liability governing the use of our website at https://www.growingedgelimited.com/terms-and-conditions/
Suite 602, Chao’s Building
143 Bonham Strand
+852 3996 8297